After decimating my bankroll last week with terrible money management and horrible picks in the J League and CSL, I managed to claw back a little by punting on my beloved Real Madrid in the Super Cup.
I initially bet $25 on Real Madrid (-0.5) @ 0.97, but then decided to add on another $25 later when the odds for a win improved to 2.06
Thanks to a masterful performance from Los Blancos, they trotted out comfortable 2-1 winners over Manchester United to seal the cup, and some money for me!
All in all, I was up $50.75 on this match.
Of course, I will only count this as 1 bet in my win rate percentage.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (26/55) / 47.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$287.23
After that, I took the $50 I won, and placed it on Over 2.75 Goals @ -0.97 in the match between Vissel Kobe and Kashima Antlers. Hopefully my winning run will continue so I can place $100 on the next game to slowly but surely claw back my bankroll to what it was.
If I manage to win some money on this game, I will probably take a look at the matches being played in the CSL and place a punt if I see an opportunity.
If not, I’ll save up for the weekend, and the beginning of the BPL!
Will update my results in a later post.
A terrible weekend all round, with all my predictions wrong, which resulted in more rash decisions and terrible money management.
Am down $603.10 for the week, and left with only 20% of the bankroll I started the weekend with.
Below is a list of my losses:
- Over 2.75 on Kawasaki Frontale vs FC Tokyo – LOSE $42.70
- Jubilo to Win on Jubilo vs Hiroshima – LOSE $65
- Over 2.5 on Guizhou vs Chongqing – LOSE $44.40
- Over 3 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Changchun Yatai – LOSE $59
- OGC Nice (+0.25) . on ASSE vs OGC Nice – LOSE $52
- Over 3 on Shanghai SIPG vs Tianjian Quanjian – LOSE $350
It’s a terrible way to end the weekend, so hopefully I’ll be able to bounce back with the upcoming Super Cup and a big support bet on my team.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (25/54) / 46.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$337.98
With the weekend coming up, I’m back on the betting trail with the J-League and CSL this week.
The good news is that the European season is starting soon, with the French league beginning this weekend, along with the German Super Cup match between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich.
However, as I lack knowledge about Ligue 1, and tend to avoid betting on friendlies (or glorified friendlies) like the Community Shield and Super Cups, I will be sticking to the Asian leagues this weekend.
As the J League kicks off before the CSL, these are a few bets I’m eyeing for Saturday:
- Jubilo Iwata vs Hiroshima – under 2.5 goals OR Jubilo to win
- Urawa vs Omiya – Over 3.25 goals
- Kawasaki Frontale vs FC Tokyo – Over 2.75 goals
Depending on how I do in the J League, I’m also eyeing the CSL :
- Shanghai Shenhua vs Changchun Yatai – Over 3 goals
- Guizhou vs Chongqing – Over 2.5 goals
I will definitely be betting on one or more of these matches, and will give an update on my results after the games.
Fingers crossed and good luck to me!
After yesterday’s fine run of form, it’s time to crash back to Earth with a terrible Sunday of J-League and CSL action.
So this is what I ended up betting on, with the results on the right
- $83 on Over 2.75 goals on the Vegalta vs Kashiwa game (1-1) – sold action early to LOSE $61.70
- $74 on FC Tokyo (-0.75) vs Albirex Niigata (1-1) – LOSE $74
- $68 on Changchun Yatai (+1.25) (Liaoning 1-0 Changchun) – WIN $31.96
All in all, I’m down $103.74 on the day. What a shitty way to end the week.
European season just can’t start soon enough!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (25/48) / 52.08%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $265.12
A mixed Saturday for me as I got 2/3 punts right, but luckily I managed to shave my losses a little by selling my action and not losing the full amount on the Sapporo vs Urawa match.
All was looking well until a red card in the first half for an Urawa defender, which threw everything into chaos.
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune (3-2) – WIN 57.12
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds (2-0) – LOSE 47.30 (sold action early)
I also placed another bet of $65 on Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka @ -0.91 which I was eyeing yesterday. Thankfully, that ended 3-1. Another $65 WON
Sadly, I was also kicking myself as I had predicted the below to happen in my previous post, but did not go ahead with it, as I would have won them all.
What irked me the most especially was the one on Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 as they beat Guangzhou Evergrande emphatically by 4 goals to 2. What a payout that would have been!
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 – CORRECT
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande – CORRECT
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija – CORRECT
All in all, I really shouldn’t be kicking up too big of a fuss as I am still up $74.82 on the night.
Lets hope my luck continues for tomorrows round of matches!
I am currently looking at:
- Over 2.75 goals on the Vegalta vs Kashiwa game
- FC Tokyo (-0.75) vs Albirex Niigata
- Changchun Yatai (+0.25) OR Changchun Yatai to win
- Over 3 goals on the Shandong Luneng vs Shanghai SIPG game
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (24/45) / 53.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $368.86
So it’s the weekend again, and with a ton of matches in the J League and CSL coming up, I’ll be on the lookout for good spots to place a punt or two.
So far, I’ve decided to go with
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds
Reasons for betting:
- Shenhua and Hebei have both been involved in high scoring matches recently, and hopefully the trend will continue.
- Urawa Red Diamonds seem to be a spot on Over bet whenever they’re playing, and it helps that the last 5 matches between the pair have seen 3 goals or more every time.
Depending on how the early match between Sapporo and Urawa pans out, I am also eyeing a flutter on:
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande
- Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija
Fingers crossed and good luck to me!
And so the run continued, but was brought to a shuddering halt soon enough.
With the scores finishing 4-2 in the Cerezo Osaka vs Urawa Red Diamonds game, the money was safely in the bank. My only regret was not doubling my bet as I was so sure this would be a goal-fest.
$72 on Over 2.75 goals @ 0.82 – WIN $59.04
After booking the win, I also placed a bet of $55 on Over 2.5 goals @ -0.95 on the Henan Jianye vs Tianjin Quanjian game that happened the day after:
Reasons for betting:
- Tianjin have been scoring at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches, though most of those games have been at home
- Henan have also been involved in high scoring games in 3 of the last 5 matches.
- My prediction : a 2-1 victory for Tianjin or a high scoring draw to secure the win.
UPDATE : The match ended 1-1, but luckily for me I managed to sell my action around the 86th minute to lose $24.25 instead of $52.25.
Below are the results of my Mix Parlay punt. Clearly I don’t know as much of the CSL as I think I do yet! This resulted in another loss of $2
- Over 2.75 on Shandong vs Changchun (3:2) – win
- Draw between Shanghai SIPG vs Guangzhou Evergrande (2-2) – win
- Under 2.75 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Beijing Guoan (1-2) – lose
- Under 3 on Guangzhou R&F vs Yanbian Fude (6-2) – lose
- Over 2.5 on Henan Jianye vs Tianjian Quanjian (1-1) – lose
- Under 2.75 on Jiangsu Suning vs Liaoning (4-0) – lose
- Under 2.5 on Guizhou vs Hebei (4-3) – lose
- Over 2.5 on Chongqing vs Tianjian Teda (2-1) – win
Overall, I am up $32.79 this weekend, which is rather disappointing.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (22/42) / 52.4%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $294.04