- Celta Vigo 1 – 4 Real Madrid
$26 on Real Madrid (-1.75 handicap) @ 0.79
Won roughly $20.50 on this match thanks to the late Kroos goal. We just need 1 more point at Malaga and La Liga is ours. Hala Madrid!
- Juventus 2 – 0 Lazio
$49 on Over 2.25 @ 0.88 AND $49 on Juve to win in FT @ 2.12
– sold my action on the Over 2.25 bet at the 85th minute to only suffer a loss of $9 instead of $24.50 as I figured Juve would just shut up shop when up 2-0
– Won almost $55 on the other bet. A lot of regret for not seeing the odds of 2.12 before betting on Over 2.25, or I would definitely have put it all on Juve to win. It was great odds, and I’m surprised they offered such a healthy payout considering Juve were heavy favourites.
Up $66.80 on the night.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (7/12)
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $127.40
Considering it’s the middle of the week, it’s surprising to turn up so many games I’m tempted to have a flutter on.
In the end, I decided to settle on these 2 games. After last night’s horrible luck with WBA’s late goal, I’ve identified 3 bets in which I can recoup my losses. They’re listed below with some of my thoughts behind them:
1) $26 on Real Madrid (-1.75 handicap) @ 0.79
– This is a support bet, pure and simple. I am such a fanboy.
However, I believe Real will be able to edge this game by 2 goals to continue their march toward the La Liga title, which will mean I can win half my bet.
2) $49 on Over 2.25 @ 0.88 AND $49 on Juve to win in FT @ 2.12
– Obviously, I believe Juve will win in 90 minutes. They’re probably the most complete team in Europe right now, though it pains myself to say it.
– I doubt Juve will concede in the final, but they’re perfectly capable of scoring 3 goals to clear the 2.25 line. Perhaps leading 2-0 and hit Lazio on the break when they’re throwing everything forward? 2-1 would suit me just fine as well!