Due to the break for the World Cup Qualifiers, there wasn’t much action in week 35, which is why I’ve condensed Week 35 and 36 into the same post.
During week 35, I told myself to stay away from international games as they usually don’t bode too well, and it’s really hard to gauge the form of nations due to the small sample size and the fact that the players don’t play with each other frequently.
However, I wasn’t able to stay away, and ended up taking Malaysia (as it is my patriotic duty) in the final of the SEA Games against Thailand, and betting Under 2.5 on Hungary vs Latvia as I figured it’d be a low scoring affair.
Sadly, my home nation lost on home soil to Thailand, and the Hungarians and Latvians indulged in a goal fest to put me deep in the red for week 35.
Thankfully, things turned around during week 36, though I regret foolishly betting on the long odds of Liverpool beating City at the Etihad. Thankfully the fact that it rained goals over the weekend meant I got all my Over bets right!
- Malaysia (+0.25) in Malaysia vs Thailand – LOSE $18
- Under 2.5 on Hungary vs Latvia – LOSE $32
- Over 3 on Man City vs Liverpool – WIN $43.50
- Liverpool to win – LOSE $36
- Over 2.5 on Leicester vs Chelsea – WIN $44.50
- Over 2.5 on Juventus vs Chievo – WIN $25
- Swansea (-0.25) in Swansea vs Newcastle – LOSE $8.80
- Over 2.75 on Bologna vs Napoli – WIN $ 13.70
Overall, I am up $31.90 for these 2 weeks. It’s a small amount, but every small step is a step toward rebuilding my roll!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (44/89) / 49.4%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$245.56