Welcome to 2018, and what a way to start the New Year!
It’s been a roller coaster first week, as I was down $609.99 at one stage, before a bold roll of the dice on a mix parlay helped me claw back the deficit, with a final dash of 3/3 bets going right to end the week up $69.02, with a paltry 4/11 predictions going right.
The week started well when I made a speculative punt of over 1.5 goals in the 90th minute with Liverpool leading 1-0, with 2 late goals giving me a great start to the New Year.
However, what followed after was MUCH less fun as I reeled off loss after loss, each closer than the last:
- Spurs missing numerous chances in a 2-0 win when 1 more goal would have won me half the bet
- Same story as above in the Turin derby in the TIM cup
- Benfica vs Sporting Lisbon ending 1-1 which meant I only lost half
- The worst was probably the London derby between Arsenal and Chelsea, when a 93rd minute Bellerin equaliser meant I lost half the bet, with Zappacosta hitting the post a minute later to compound my misery of what could have been
- Celta Vigo drew 1-1 with Barcelona in the Copa Del Rey, with the scores tied at half time, and the woodwork being hit more than once, along with more than 10 shots on target from both teams in total
- Fiorentina vs Inter ended in a 1-1 stalemate to put me deep in the red, and desperate for a miracle
But when that miracle came, it came in glorious fashion!
I took a deep breath and punted $80 on a mix parlay, and somehow got all of it right (below), which pocketed me a win of $576.05 to narrow my losses.
A misstep in Serie A aside (where I bet over 1.5 at half time in the Juventus game that ended 0-1), I reeled off 3 winning bets in La Liga in one night to seal a barely believable profit for the week, again telling myself not to get myself into such deep holes again.
As usual, I won’t be including mix parlay’s in the prediction count, though I do include the profit & loss.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (124/238) / 52.1%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $1276.06