With the UCL and regular European games back in full swing for week 37, I was looking for a good week to rebound and build on my gains from week 36.
All in all, I am up $75.94 this week, and hopefully this will continue on!
Some quick thoughts on how this week panned out:
- Though I keep telling myself to not make rash decisions, I still ended up taking small, but ultimately failed punts on a few games without proper research. Hopefully I’ll be able to reign in the degenerate in me and cut out these silly bets.
- Was furious that I could not get over 2.75 goals in the Leipzig vs Monaco game in the UCL. Will make a mental note to be less trigger happy with over bets on RB Leipzig as they seem quite solid defensively.
- Spurs v Swansea and Chelsea v Arsenal ended 0-0, which I got completely wrong as I bet over 3 on both. UCL and UEL hangover maybe? Good point to consider when betting on these teams after midweek games.
- I have a 100& record in Serie A bets this season, which seems to be making a mockery of their defensive reputation by the fact that most of games cross the over lines. Hopefully this will continue, and I will focus and place larger bets on Serie A instead of the much more popular BPL
As usual, I will leave Mix Parlays out of my prediction count as they’re long shots more than anything.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (50/101) / 49.5%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$169.62
Since the European season has begun, I’ve decided to post in a different format.
I will now summarise my bets by the week they were placed so I don’t end up with too many posts.
- Over 2.5 on Hoffenheim vs Liverpool – WIN $25.80
- Draw @ 3.70 on Real Madrid vs Barcelona – LOSE $10
- Over 2.75 on Urawa Red Diamonds vs FC Tokyo – WIN $12.75
- Over 2.75 on Kashima Antlers vs Shimizu S Pulse – LOSE $23.60
- Over 3 on Liverpool vs Crystal Palace – LOSE $55.80
- Arsenal to win @ 1.85 – LOSE $30
- Over 2.5 on Tottenham vs Chelsea – WIN $32.76
- Real Madrid (-1.75) on Deportivo vs Real Madrid – WIN $15
Overall, I am down $33.90 for the week, so hopefully I can turn it around next week.
Some thoughts on this week:
- The game which I thought was a banker ended up costing me the most as Liverpool and Palace played out a drab 1-0 game.
- I’m not doing too well in the J League, so maybe it’s time to just focus on European football and only bet on Urawa when they’re playing other high scoring teams
- After getting angry at losing the Liverpool game, I ended up throwing bad money after good by punting on Arsenal when I should have known better since they were playing Stoke away.
- It could be time to start on betting on PSG, especially when they’re playing at home. They just seem to be scoring for fun, thrashing Toulouse 6-2 even with 10 men.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (36/71) / 50.8%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$233.01
Just a quick update, after betting $50 on Over 2.75 goals in the Vissel Kobe vs Kashima Antlers game, I managed to win $25 as the score finished 1-2.
A small step back toward the bankroll I had previously, and hopefully this will continue in the BPL this weekend!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (27/56) / 48.2%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$262.23
After decimating my bankroll last week with terrible money management and horrible picks in the J League and CSL, I managed to claw back a little by punting on my beloved Real Madrid in the Super Cup.
I initially bet $25 on Real Madrid (-0.5) @ 0.97, but then decided to add on another $25 later when the odds for a win improved to 2.06
Thanks to a masterful performance from Los Blancos, they trotted out comfortable 2-1 winners over Manchester United to seal the cup, and some money for me!
All in all, I was up $50.75 on this match.
Of course, I will only count this as 1 bet in my win rate percentage.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (26/55) / 47.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$287.23
After that, I took the $50 I won, and placed it on Over 2.75 Goals @ -0.97 in the match between Vissel Kobe and Kashima Antlers. Hopefully my winning run will continue so I can place $100 on the next game to slowly but surely claw back my bankroll to what it was.
If I manage to win some money on this game, I will probably take a look at the matches being played in the CSL and place a punt if I see an opportunity.
If not, I’ll save up for the weekend, and the beginning of the BPL!
Will update my results in a later post.
With the weekend coming up, I’m back on the betting trail with the J-League and CSL this week.
The good news is that the European season is starting soon, with the French league beginning this weekend, along with the German Super Cup match between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich.
However, as I lack knowledge about Ligue 1, and tend to avoid betting on friendlies (or glorified friendlies) like the Community Shield and Super Cups, I will be sticking to the Asian leagues this weekend.
As the J League kicks off before the CSL, these are a few bets I’m eyeing for Saturday:
- Jubilo Iwata vs Hiroshima – under 2.5 goals OR Jubilo to win
- Urawa vs Omiya – Over 3.25 goals
- Kawasaki Frontale vs FC Tokyo – Over 2.75 goals
Depending on how I do in the J League, I’m also eyeing the CSL :
- Shanghai Shenhua vs Changchun Yatai – Over 3 goals
- Guizhou vs Chongqing – Over 2.5 goals
I will definitely be betting on one or more of these matches, and will give an update on my results after the games.
Fingers crossed and good luck to me!
A mixed Saturday for me as I got 2/3 punts right, but luckily I managed to shave my losses a little by selling my action and not losing the full amount on the Sapporo vs Urawa match.
All was looking well until a red card in the first half for an Urawa defender, which threw everything into chaos.
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune (3-2) – WIN 57.12
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds (2-0) – LOSE 47.30 (sold action early)
I also placed another bet of $65 on Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka @ -0.91 which I was eyeing yesterday. Thankfully, that ended 3-1. Another $65 WON
Sadly, I was also kicking myself as I had predicted the below to happen in my previous post, but did not go ahead with it, as I would have won them all.
What irked me the most especially was the one on Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 as they beat Guangzhou Evergrande emphatically by 4 goals to 2. What a payout that would have been!
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 – CORRECT
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande – CORRECT
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija – CORRECT
All in all, I really shouldn’t be kicking up too big of a fuss as I am still up $74.82 on the night.
Lets hope my luck continues for tomorrows round of matches!
I am currently looking at:
- Over 2.75 goals on the Vegalta vs Kashiwa game
- FC Tokyo (-0.75) vs Albirex Niigata
- Changchun Yatai (+0.25) OR Changchun Yatai to win
- Over 3 goals on the Shandong Luneng vs Shanghai SIPG game
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (24/45) / 53.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $368.86
So it’s the weekend again, and with a ton of matches in the J League and CSL coming up, I’ll be on the lookout for good spots to place a punt or two.
So far, I’ve decided to go with
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds
Reasons for betting:
- Shenhua and Hebei have both been involved in high scoring matches recently, and hopefully the trend will continue.
- Urawa Red Diamonds seem to be a spot on Over bet whenever they’re playing, and it helps that the last 5 matches between the pair have seen 3 goals or more every time.
Depending on how the early match between Sapporo and Urawa pans out, I am also eyeing a flutter on:
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande
- Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija
Fingers crossed and good luck to me!