After a profitable Saturday, the action continued on Sunday, where there was some bad decisions, bad luck, good luck, and great news for me.
The night started off with me taking Guangzhou Evergrande with a 1.5 goal handicap against Henan Jianye. Guangzhou took a 2-0 lead in the 86th minute, and I thought it was money in the bag until a meaningless 94th minute goal for Henan meant I couldn’t clear the handicap, and lost that one.
Soon after, I bet on Over 2.75 goals on the Manchester United vs West Ham game, which was a little bit of a slow burner. As the clock ticked down with United leading 2-0 and looking as though they weren’t going for more, I seriously considered selling my action to cut my losses. Thankfully I didn’t pull the trigger as 2 more goals in the last 5 minutes meant I won the full bet!
Right before heading to bed, I decided to place a speculative bet on Guingamp (+1.75) in their match vs PSG. Waking up to a 3-0 win for PSG meant that was money down the drain. This is a lesson to not place a bet just for the sake of betting
Finally, I also took Real Madrid (+0.5) in the Spanish Super cup against Barca. This was nothing more than a support bet, but it paid off big time after Ronaldo and Asensio absolutely destroyed Barcelona in the Camp Nou.
- Guangzhou (-1.5) vs Henan – LOSE $25
- Over 2.75 on Manchester United vs West Ham – WIN $22.25
- Guingamp (+1.75) vs PSG – LOSE $19.80
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid (+0.5) – WIN $40.02
All in all, I am up $17.47 on the night. Not a huge amount, but every small step counts towards the fight back.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (32/63) / 50.8%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$199.11
A terrible weekend all round, with all my predictions wrong, which resulted in more rash decisions and terrible money management.
Am down $603.10 for the week, and left with only 20% of the bankroll I started the weekend with.
Below is a list of my losses:
- Over 2.75 on Kawasaki Frontale vs FC Tokyo – LOSE $42.70
- Jubilo to Win on Jubilo vs Hiroshima – LOSE $65
- Over 2.5 on Guizhou vs Chongqing – LOSE $44.40
- Over 3 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Changchun Yatai – LOSE $59
- OGC Nice (+0.25) . on ASSE vs OGC Nice – LOSE $52
- Over 3 on Shanghai SIPG vs Tianjian Quanjian – LOSE $350
It’s a terrible way to end the weekend, so hopefully I’ll be able to bounce back with the upcoming Super Cup and a big support bet on my team.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (25/54) / 46.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$337.98
With the weekend coming up, I’m back on the betting trail with the J-League and CSL this week.
The good news is that the European season is starting soon, with the French league beginning this weekend, along with the German Super Cup match between Borussia Dortmund and Bayern Munich.
However, as I lack knowledge about Ligue 1, and tend to avoid betting on friendlies (or glorified friendlies) like the Community Shield and Super Cups, I will be sticking to the Asian leagues this weekend.
As the J League kicks off before the CSL, these are a few bets I’m eyeing for Saturday:
- Jubilo Iwata vs Hiroshima – under 2.5 goals OR Jubilo to win
- Urawa vs Omiya – Over 3.25 goals
- Kawasaki Frontale vs FC Tokyo – Over 2.75 goals
Depending on how I do in the J League, I’m also eyeing the CSL :
- Shanghai Shenhua vs Changchun Yatai – Over 3 goals
- Guizhou vs Chongqing – Over 2.5 goals
I will definitely be betting on one or more of these matches, and will give an update on my results after the games.
Fingers crossed and good luck to me!
A mixed Saturday for me as I got 2/3 punts right, but luckily I managed to shave my losses a little by selling my action and not losing the full amount on the Sapporo vs Urawa match.
All was looking well until a red card in the first half for an Urawa defender, which threw everything into chaos.
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune (3-2) – WIN 57.12
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds (2-0) – LOSE 47.30 (sold action early)
I also placed another bet of $65 on Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka @ -0.91 which I was eyeing yesterday. Thankfully, that ended 3-1. Another $65 WON
Sadly, I was also kicking myself as I had predicted the below to happen in my previous post, but did not go ahead with it, as I would have won them all.
What irked me the most especially was the one on Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 as they beat Guangzhou Evergrande emphatically by 4 goals to 2. What a payout that would have been!
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 – CORRECT
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande – CORRECT
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija – CORRECT
All in all, I really shouldn’t be kicking up too big of a fuss as I am still up $74.82 on the night.
Lets hope my luck continues for tomorrows round of matches!
I am currently looking at:
- Over 2.75 goals on the Vegalta vs Kashiwa game
- FC Tokyo (-0.75) vs Albirex Niigata
- Changchun Yatai (+0.25) OR Changchun Yatai to win
- Over 3 goals on the Shandong Luneng vs Shanghai SIPG game
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (24/45) / 53.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $368.86
So it’s the weekend again, and with a ton of matches in the J League and CSL coming up, I’ll be on the lookout for good spots to place a punt or two.
So far, I’ve decided to go with
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds
Reasons for betting:
- Shenhua and Hebei have both been involved in high scoring matches recently, and hopefully the trend will continue.
- Urawa Red Diamonds seem to be a spot on Over bet whenever they’re playing, and it helps that the last 5 matches between the pair have seen 3 goals or more every time.
Depending on how the early match between Sapporo and Urawa pans out, I am also eyeing a flutter on:
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande
- Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija
Fingers crossed and good luck to me!
And so the run continued, but was brought to a shuddering halt soon enough.
With the scores finishing 4-2 in the Cerezo Osaka vs Urawa Red Diamonds game, the money was safely in the bank. My only regret was not doubling my bet as I was so sure this would be a goal-fest.
$72 on Over 2.75 goals @ 0.82 – WIN $59.04
After booking the win, I also placed a bet of $55 on Over 2.5 goals @ -0.95 on the Henan Jianye vs Tianjin Quanjian game that happened the day after:
Reasons for betting:
- Tianjin have been scoring at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches, though most of those games have been at home
- Henan have also been involved in high scoring games in 3 of the last 5 matches.
- My prediction : a 2-1 victory for Tianjin or a high scoring draw to secure the win.
UPDATE : The match ended 1-1, but luckily for me I managed to sell my action around the 86th minute to lose $24.25 instead of $52.25.
Below are the results of my Mix Parlay punt. Clearly I don’t know as much of the CSL as I think I do yet! This resulted in another loss of $2
- Over 2.75 on Shandong vs Changchun (3:2) – win
- Draw between Shanghai SIPG vs Guangzhou Evergrande (2-2) – win
- Under 2.75 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Beijing Guoan (1-2) – lose
- Under 3 on Guangzhou R&F vs Yanbian Fude (6-2) – lose
- Over 2.5 on Henan Jianye vs Tianjian Quanjian (1-1) – lose
- Under 2.75 on Jiangsu Suning vs Liaoning (4-0) – lose
- Under 2.5 on Guizhou vs Hebei (4-3) – lose
- Over 2.5 on Chongqing vs Tianjian Teda (2-1) – win
Overall, I am up $32.79 this weekend, which is rather disappointing.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (22/42) / 52.4%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $294.04
Finally, the weekend is here again, which brings along some J League and CSL action.
With only 1 game on Saturday in the J League, I’ve decided to go with $72 on Over 2.75 goals @ 0.82 in the Cerezo Osaka vs Urawa Red Diamonds game.
Reasons for betting:
- Urawa have been involved in a few goal fests recently, and seem equally capable at scoring and conceding
- Osaka have scored at least twice in both their previous home games
Depending on how I do in the J-League, I could also place a punt in the CSL.
Right now, the best odds I’m seeing are Over 3 goals in the match between Shanghai SIPG and Guangzhou Evergrande OR Over 2.5 goals on Henan Jianye vs Tianjian Quanjian, and these are the games I’m most likely to punt on if I decide to go ahead with it.
Just for fun, I’ve also gone for a $2 bet on a CSL Mix Parlay. After all, you never know!
- Over 2.75 on Shandong vs Changchun
- Draw between Shanghai SIPG vs Guangzhou Evergrande
- Under 2.75 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Beijing Guoan
- Under 3 on Guangzhou R&F vs Yanbian Fude
- Over 2.5 on Henan Jianye vs Tianjian Quanjian
- Under 2.75 on Jiangsu Suning vs Liaoning
- Under 2.5 on Guizhou vs Hebei
- Over 2.5 on Chongqing vs Tianjian Teda