With the UCL and regular European games back in full swing for week 37, I was looking for a good week to rebound and build on my gains from week 36.
All in all, I am up $75.94 this week, and hopefully this will continue on!
Some quick thoughts on how this week panned out:
- Though I keep telling myself to not make rash decisions, I still ended up taking small, but ultimately failed punts on a few games without proper research. Hopefully I’ll be able to reign in the degenerate in me and cut out these silly bets.
- Was furious that I could not get over 2.75 goals in the Leipzig vs Monaco game in the UCL. Will make a mental note to be less trigger happy with over bets on RB Leipzig as they seem quite solid defensively.
- Spurs v Swansea and Chelsea v Arsenal ended 0-0, which I got completely wrong as I bet over 3 on both. UCL and UEL hangover maybe? Good point to consider when betting on these teams after midweek games.
- I have a 100& record in Serie A bets this season, which seems to be making a mockery of their defensive reputation by the fact that most of games cross the over lines. Hopefully this will continue, and I will focus and place larger bets on Serie A instead of the much more popular BPL
As usual, I will leave Mix Parlays out of my prediction count as they’re long shots more than anything.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (50/101) / 49.5%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$169.62
Due to the break for the World Cup Qualifiers, there wasn’t much action in week 35, which is why I’ve condensed Week 35 and 36 into the same post.
During week 35, I told myself to stay away from international games as they usually don’t bode too well, and it’s really hard to gauge the form of nations due to the small sample size and the fact that the players don’t play with each other frequently.
However, I wasn’t able to stay away, and ended up taking Malaysia (as it is my patriotic duty) in the final of the SEA Games against Thailand, and betting Under 2.5 on Hungary vs Latvia as I figured it’d be a low scoring affair.
Sadly, my home nation lost on home soil to Thailand, and the Hungarians and Latvians indulged in a goal fest to put me deep in the red for week 35.
Thankfully, things turned around during week 36, though I regret foolishly betting on the long odds of Liverpool beating City at the Etihad. Thankfully the fact that it rained goals over the weekend meant I got all my Over bets right!
- Malaysia (+0.25) in Malaysia vs Thailand – LOSE $18
- Under 2.5 on Hungary vs Latvia – LOSE $32
- Over 3 on Man City vs Liverpool – WIN $43.50
- Liverpool to win – LOSE $36
- Over 2.5 on Leicester vs Chelsea – WIN $44.50
- Over 2.5 on Juventus vs Chievo – WIN $25
- Swansea (-0.25) in Swansea vs Newcastle – LOSE $8.80
- Over 2.75 on Bologna vs Napoli – WIN $ 13.70
Overall, I am up $31.90 for these 2 weeks. It’s a small amount, but every small step is a step toward rebuilding my roll!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (44/89) / 49.4%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$245.56