After last week’s losing week, things got worse this week as I booked a loss of $44.45.
Hopefully things will turn around but the international break in week 35 means I’ll probably have to wait awhile before any opportunities present themselves.
- Over 2.75 @ 0.84 on Man City vs Everton – LOSE $23
- Hoffenheim (+1) on Liverpool vs Hoffenheim – LOSE $40
- Under 2.5 @ 0.92 on CSKA vs Young Boys – WIN $10
- Over 3 @ 0.96 on Athletic Bilbao vs Panathinaikos – LOSE $17
- Watford (-0.5) on Watford vs BHA – LOSE $32
- Over 2.5 @ 0.99 on Chelsea vs Everton – LOSE $12
- Over 2.75 @ -0.91 on Chelsea vs Everton – LOSE $25
- Over 3 @ 0.89 on Liverpool vs Arsenal – WIN $56.95
- Mix Parlay – LOSE $2
- Over 2.75 @ 0.95 on Fiorentina vs Sampdoria – WIN $14.25
- Over 3 @ 0.91 on Monaco vs Marseille – WIN $18.20
- Over 4 @ 0.90 on Real Madrid vs Valencia – DRAW
Some quick thoughts/gripes about this weeks action:
- Was thinking of betting on Over 3 for the Hoffenheim game, but ended up taking Hoffenheim instead cost me there. Should always prioritise Over/Under bets when possible as I seem to do poorly on handicap bets.
- Betting on the Bilbao game was impulsive, and lead to an unnecessary loss.
- Got real unlucky on the Watford game because Britos got himself stupidly sent off and Watford couldn’t book an easy home win.
- Can’t believe how I did not clear 2.5 and 2.75 goals in the Chelsea game after they took at 2-0 lead into half-time.
Hopefully I can turn this around soon!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (40/81) / 49.4%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$277.46
Since the European season has begun, I’ve decided to post in a different format.
I will now summarise my bets by the week they were placed so I don’t end up with too many posts.
- Over 2.5 on Hoffenheim vs Liverpool – WIN $25.80
- Draw @ 3.70 on Real Madrid vs Barcelona – LOSE $10
- Over 2.75 on Urawa Red Diamonds vs FC Tokyo – WIN $12.75
- Over 2.75 on Kashima Antlers vs Shimizu S Pulse – LOSE $23.60
- Over 3 on Liverpool vs Crystal Palace – LOSE $55.80
- Arsenal to win @ 1.85 – LOSE $30
- Over 2.5 on Tottenham vs Chelsea – WIN $32.76
- Real Madrid (-1.75) on Deportivo vs Real Madrid – WIN $15
Overall, I am down $33.90 for the week, so hopefully I can turn it around next week.
Some thoughts on this week:
- The game which I thought was a banker ended up costing me the most as Liverpool and Palace played out a drab 1-0 game.
- I’m not doing too well in the J League, so maybe it’s time to just focus on European football and only bet on Urawa when they’re playing other high scoring teams
- After getting angry at losing the Liverpool game, I ended up throwing bad money after good by punting on Arsenal when I should have known better since they were playing Stoke away.
- It could be time to start on betting on PSG, especially when they’re playing at home. They just seem to be scoring for fun, thrashing Toulouse 6-2 even with 10 men.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (36/71) / 50.8%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$233.01
After a profitable Saturday, the action continued on Sunday, where there was some bad decisions, bad luck, good luck, and great news for me.
The night started off with me taking Guangzhou Evergrande with a 1.5 goal handicap against Henan Jianye. Guangzhou took a 2-0 lead in the 86th minute, and I thought it was money in the bag until a meaningless 94th minute goal for Henan meant I couldn’t clear the handicap, and lost that one.
Soon after, I bet on Over 2.75 goals on the Manchester United vs West Ham game, which was a little bit of a slow burner. As the clock ticked down with United leading 2-0 and looking as though they weren’t going for more, I seriously considered selling my action to cut my losses. Thankfully I didn’t pull the trigger as 2 more goals in the last 5 minutes meant I won the full bet!
Right before heading to bed, I decided to place a speculative bet on Guingamp (+1.75) in their match vs PSG. Waking up to a 3-0 win for PSG meant that was money down the drain. This is a lesson to not place a bet just for the sake of betting
Finally, I also took Real Madrid (+0.5) in the Spanish Super cup against Barca. This was nothing more than a support bet, but it paid off big time after Ronaldo and Asensio absolutely destroyed Barcelona in the Camp Nou.
- Guangzhou (-1.5) vs Henan – LOSE $25
- Over 2.75 on Manchester United vs West Ham – WIN $22.25
- Guingamp (+1.75) vs PSG – LOSE $19.80
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid (+0.5) – WIN $40.02
All in all, I am up $17.47 on the night. Not a huge amount, but every small step counts towards the fight back.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (32/63) / 50.8%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$199.11
The English Premier League is back in town, and hopefully I’ll be able to profit from the matches on show.
It didn’t start off well with the goal fest between Arsenal and Leicester costing me my Under bet, but it improved when I got it right on my Over bet on the Watford vs Liverpool game which ended 3-3.
The weekend improved when Huddersfield beat Crystal Palace 3-0 to secure another win on my Over bet.
- Under 3 goals on Arsenal vs Leicester – LOSE $50
- Over 2.75 goals on Watford vs Liverpool – WIN $50
- Over 2.25 goals on Crystal Palace vs Huddersfield – WIN $45.65
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (30/59) / 50.8%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$216.58
Just a quick update, after betting $50 on Over 2.75 goals in the Vissel Kobe vs Kashima Antlers game, I managed to win $25 as the score finished 1-2.
A small step back toward the bankroll I had previously, and hopefully this will continue in the BPL this weekend!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (27/56) / 48.2%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$262.23
After decimating my bankroll last week with terrible money management and horrible picks in the J League and CSL, I managed to claw back a little by punting on my beloved Real Madrid in the Super Cup.
I initially bet $25 on Real Madrid (-0.5) @ 0.97, but then decided to add on another $25 later when the odds for a win improved to 2.06
Thanks to a masterful performance from Los Blancos, they trotted out comfortable 2-1 winners over Manchester United to seal the cup, and some money for me!
All in all, I was up $50.75 on this match.
Of course, I will only count this as 1 bet in my win rate percentage.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (26/55) / 47.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$287.23
After that, I took the $50 I won, and placed it on Over 2.75 Goals @ -0.97 in the match between Vissel Kobe and Kashima Antlers. Hopefully my winning run will continue so I can place $100 on the next game to slowly but surely claw back my bankroll to what it was.
If I manage to win some money on this game, I will probably take a look at the matches being played in the CSL and place a punt if I see an opportunity.
If not, I’ll save up for the weekend, and the beginning of the BPL!
Will update my results in a later post.
A terrible weekend all round, with all my predictions wrong, which resulted in more rash decisions and terrible money management.
Am down $603.10 for the week, and left with only 20% of the bankroll I started the weekend with.
Below is a list of my losses:
- Over 2.75 on Kawasaki Frontale vs FC Tokyo – LOSE $42.70
- Jubilo to Win on Jubilo vs Hiroshima – LOSE $65
- Over 2.5 on Guizhou vs Chongqing – LOSE $44.40
- Over 3 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Changchun Yatai – LOSE $59
- OGC Nice (+0.25) . on ASSE vs OGC Nice – LOSE $52
- Over 3 on Shanghai SIPG vs Tianjian Quanjian – LOSE $350
It’s a terrible way to end the weekend, so hopefully I’ll be able to bounce back with the upcoming Super Cup and a big support bet on my team.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (25/54) / 46.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : -$337.98