After yesterday’s fine run of form, it’s time to crash back to Earth with a terrible Sunday of J-League and CSL action.
So this is what I ended up betting on, with the results on the right
- $83 on Over 2.75 goals on the Vegalta vs Kashiwa game (1-1) – sold action early to LOSE $61.70
- $74 on FC Tokyo (-0.75) vs Albirex Niigata (1-1) – LOSE $74
- $68 on Changchun Yatai (+1.25) (Liaoning 1-0 Changchun) – WIN $31.96
All in all, I’m down $103.74 on the day. What a shitty way to end the week.
European season just can’t start soon enough!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (25/48) / 52.08%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $265.12
A mixed Saturday for me as I got 2/3 punts right, but luckily I managed to shave my losses a little by selling my action and not losing the full amount on the Sapporo vs Urawa match.
All was looking well until a red card in the first half for an Urawa defender, which threw everything into chaos.
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune (3-2) – WIN 57.12
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds (2-0) – LOSE 47.30 (sold action early)
I also placed another bet of $65 on Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka @ -0.91 which I was eyeing yesterday. Thankfully, that ended 3-1. Another $65 WON
Sadly, I was also kicking myself as I had predicted the below to happen in my previous post, but did not go ahead with it, as I would have won them all.
What irked me the most especially was the one on Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 as they beat Guangzhou Evergrande emphatically by 4 goals to 2. What a payout that would have been!
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30 – CORRECT
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande – CORRECT
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija – CORRECT
All in all, I really shouldn’t be kicking up too big of a fuss as I am still up $74.82 on the night.
Lets hope my luck continues for tomorrows round of matches!
I am currently looking at:
- Over 2.75 goals on the Vegalta vs Kashiwa game
- FC Tokyo (-0.75) vs Albirex Niigata
- Changchun Yatai (+0.25) OR Changchun Yatai to win
- Over 3 goals on the Shandong Luneng vs Shanghai SIPG game
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (24/45) / 53.3%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $368.86
So it’s the weekend again, and with a ton of matches in the J League and CSL coming up, I’ll be on the lookout for good spots to place a punt or two.
So far, I’ve decided to go with
- $68 on Over 2.75 goals @0.84 between Shanghai Shenhua & Hebei China Fortune
- $75 on Over 3 goals @ 0.82 between Consadole Sapporo vs Urawa Red Diamonds
Reasons for betting:
- Shenhua and Hebei have both been involved in high scoring matches recently, and hopefully the trend will continue.
- Urawa Red Diamonds seem to be a spot on Over bet whenever they’re playing, and it helps that the last 5 matches between the pair have seen 3 goals or more every time.
Depending on how the early match between Sapporo and Urawa pans out, I am also eyeing a flutter on:
- Guangzhou R&F to win @ 3.30
- Over 3 goals between Guangzhou R&F and Guangzhou Evergrande
- Over 2.5 goals between Gamba Osaka vs Cerezo Osaka
- Over 2.5 goals between Vissel Kobe and Omiya Ardija
Fingers crossed and good luck to me!
And so the run continued, but was brought to a shuddering halt soon enough.
With the scores finishing 4-2 in the Cerezo Osaka vs Urawa Red Diamonds game, the money was safely in the bank. My only regret was not doubling my bet as I was so sure this would be a goal-fest.
$72 on Over 2.75 goals @ 0.82 – WIN $59.04
After booking the win, I also placed a bet of $55 on Over 2.5 goals @ -0.95 on the Henan Jianye vs Tianjin Quanjian game that happened the day after:
Reasons for betting:
- Tianjin have been scoring at least 2 goals in their last 5 matches, though most of those games have been at home
- Henan have also been involved in high scoring games in 3 of the last 5 matches.
- My prediction : a 2-1 victory for Tianjin or a high scoring draw to secure the win.
UPDATE : The match ended 1-1, but luckily for me I managed to sell my action around the 86th minute to lose $24.25 instead of $52.25.
Below are the results of my Mix Parlay punt. Clearly I don’t know as much of the CSL as I think I do yet! This resulted in another loss of $2
- Over 2.75 on Shandong vs Changchun (3:2) – win
- Draw between Shanghai SIPG vs Guangzhou Evergrande (2-2) – win
- Under 2.75 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Beijing Guoan (1-2) – lose
- Under 3 on Guangzhou R&F vs Yanbian Fude (6-2) – lose
- Over 2.5 on Henan Jianye vs Tianjian Quanjian (1-1) – lose
- Under 2.75 on Jiangsu Suning vs Liaoning (4-0) – lose
- Under 2.5 on Guizhou vs Hebei (4-3) – lose
- Over 2.5 on Chongqing vs Tianjian Teda (2-1) – win
Overall, I am up $32.79 this weekend, which is rather disappointing.
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (22/42) / 52.4%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $294.04
Finally, the weekend is here again, which brings along some J League and CSL action.
With only 1 game on Saturday in the J League, I’ve decided to go with $72 on Over 2.75 goals @ 0.82 in the Cerezo Osaka vs Urawa Red Diamonds game.
Reasons for betting:
- Urawa have been involved in a few goal fests recently, and seem equally capable at scoring and conceding
- Osaka have scored at least twice in both their previous home games
Depending on how I do in the J-League, I could also place a punt in the CSL.
Right now, the best odds I’m seeing are Over 3 goals in the match between Shanghai SIPG and Guangzhou Evergrande OR Over 2.5 goals on Henan Jianye vs Tianjian Quanjian, and these are the games I’m most likely to punt on if I decide to go ahead with it.
Just for fun, I’ve also gone for a $2 bet on a CSL Mix Parlay. After all, you never know!
- Over 2.75 on Shandong vs Changchun
- Draw between Shanghai SIPG vs Guangzhou Evergrande
- Under 2.75 on Shanghai Shenhua vs Beijing Guoan
- Under 3 on Guangzhou R&F vs Yanbian Fude
- Over 2.5 on Henan Jianye vs Tianjian Quanjian
- Under 2.75 on Jiangsu Suning vs Liaoning
- Under 2.5 on Guizhou vs Hebei
- Over 2.5 on Chongqing vs Tianjian Teda
What a nail biting finish to the game!
After Guangzhou took a 1-0 lead into half time, Changchun drew level, and missed a penalty which would have given them the lead.
They eventually took a 2-1 lead, which Guangzhou pegged back in the 85th minute. Thankfully, Odion Ighalo smashed in a 90th minute winner to help me bag up $70.15 on my bet for Changchun to win @ 2.15.
I also placed a $102 bet on Over 2.75 goals @ 0.80 on the match between Tianjin Quanjian vs Shanghai Shenhua
The match ended 3-0, which meant I was able to win half the bet ($40.80). It’s a pity neither team could find another goal in the last 20 minutes to secure me the full win.
All in all, a fine day for The Asian Handicapper.
Up $110.95 on the night, and I’m hoping this continues!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (21/40) / 52.5%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $261.25
After yesterday’s annoying loss on the Over bet, I’ve decided to come out swinging today to claw back on what I lost yesterday.
I’ve gone for a $61 bet on a Changchun win @ 2.15 in the Changchun Yatai vs Guangzhou R&F match.
I decided to go for a Changchun victory for a few reasons:
- They’re the team in form, while Guangzhou has lost their last 2 matches
- Changchun is at home
- Payout of 2.15 is pretty decent
I was also considering punting on over 2.75 goals, but the payout of 0.78 was quite poor. Hence, I’ve gone for the high risk, high reward option of a Changchun win!
Depending on how that match goes, I could also place a punt on the later game between Tianjian Quanjian vs Shanghai Shenhua.
As of now, I’m eyeing Over 2.75 goals @ 0.78 as I believe that bet represents my best chance of winning money with the best payout on offer.
Both teams have shown the ability to score AND concede, which should mean it’ll be raining goals in Tianjin.
Fingers crossed and good luck to me.