What a shitty way to introduce myself to the J league. As you can see from the summary below, I lost on all 3 bets (though the Mix Parlay was always a long shot), and got my predictions completely wrong.
It might be safe to stick to the Over/Under bets for the J League in the future as I simply don’t know enough about the league to be giving or taking handicaps.
$20 on Under 3.25 goals on Urawa vs Jubilo – (2-4) LOSE
$20 on Cerezo Osaka (-0.75) vs Shimizu S-Pulse (1-1) – LOSE
$4 on odds of 106.296 – LOSE
Just for fun, I’ve also noted down which ones I got right and wrong to gauge how well I “know” the J League. With 3 wins and 4 losses, suffice to say I’ve still got a long way to go before I can be profitable betting on this league.
- Over 2.5 on Kashima vs Sapporo (3-0) – WIN
- Under 2.75 on Kawasaki vs Hiroshima (1-0) – WIN
- Kashiwa (-0.75) vs Kofu (0-0) LOSE
- Under 2.25 on Niigata vs Omiya (1-2) LOSE
- Cerezo Osaka (-0.75) vs Shimizu S-Pulse (1-1) LOSE
- Gamba Osaka (-0.25) vs Kobe (1-0) WIN
- Under 3.25 on Urawa vs Jubilo (2-4) LOSE
I also decided at the very last minute to make a $37 punt on Portugal (-0.5) vs Mexico @-0.98 in the Confederations Cup. Big mistake.
That didn’t turn out well as Mexico equalized in the 90th minute to condemn me to 4 losses this weekend.
3 wrong predictions, and down $78.06 for the weekend
A terrible weekend for The Asian Handicapper!
Correct Prediction Count (since blog inception) : (12/25) / 48%
Profit/Loss (since blog inception) : $253.30