Being a Real Madrid fan, all logic goes out the window when it comes to me betting on their matches.
I’ve gone for a small bet on Real at level ball for a few reasons:
- They’re the best club. Ever
- They’ve scored in 60 consecutive matches, and won 3-0 at the Calderon earlier this season
- It’s a support bet. Obviously
Next game today is the Southampton v Arsenal match up in the BPL. This is a midweek game after Arsenal beat Manchester United 2-0, and Southampton drew 0-0 with Liverpool.
For this game, really not sure if I could go with Arsenal giving up 0.5 ball, so I’ve gone for betting on Under 3 goals even with a pretty shitty payout of 0.75. Reasons being:
- Southampton have been pretty solid defensively, and Arsenal just haven’t been firing on all cylinders. However, we are used to seeing end of season pushes from Arsenal for that lucrative 4th spot
- I foresee 3 goals at max in this game, so even if that happens, we won’t be losing out on any money.
Hopefully this turns out well, and I’ve won myself a free lunch for next week!
- Atleti 2 – 1 Real : Lost money here. Guess it’s true that no one ever wins money betting on their team. Looking back, the wiser bet was probably over 2.75 goals
- Southampton 0 – 2 Arsenal : Good news, won some on this bet to make up a little of what I lost on the other game.
Count : 1/2
A loss of $13 tonight, lets try to win it back this weekend!